We have been providing Laser Removal Services since 2008 using professional medical grade equipment provided by Lynton Laser. Please be wary of Tattoo Studios using cheap equipment which is not fit for purpose.
The advantages of using our services are demonstrated particularly if you are having part removal of a tattoo or tattoo removal for a cover-up. We can arrange a consultation with a Tattoo Artist who has a better understanding of how the tattoo has been composed in the first place and with this knowledge we will take a strategic approach to its removal, this results in less skin trauma and less cost to you.
- HOW DOES A TATTOO REMOVAL LASER WORK?
- We use an Active Q Switched Laser, in simple terms active as opposed to passive means that the laser is more effective. The result being less treatments and therefore less cost. The Active Q-Switched Lasers generate a high-powered beam of laser light in an extremely short pulse and are the most suitable laser for tattoo removal. The very short pulse of high-powered laser light is absorbed by the tattoo ink particles, breaking them down into smaller pieces, enabling your natural immune defences to absorb and disperse the ink. A gradual fading of the tattoo occurs over a series of treatments.
- HOW IS THE TATTOO REMOVAL TREATMENT CARRIED OUT?
- The skin will be cleaned and then the laser applicator is passed over the tattoo releasing quick pulses of light. An audible ‘clicking’ noise is often heard as the ink particles shatter. After treatment, a soothing lotion and a light dressing may be applied. During treatment protective eye wear will be provided.
- HOW DOES THE TATTOO REMOVAL TREATMENT FEEL?
- Most clients describe the sensation as similar to a hot pin prick or the flick of an elastic band. Whilst mildly uncomfortable most people tolerate treatment well.
- HOW DOES THE SKIN LOOK AFTER TATTOO REMOVAL TREATMENT?
- An instant whitening of the skin is seen after treatment, but this generally fades quickly. The area is likely to feel tender for a few hours and can be red and swollen for up to 48 hours. Some tattoos will form a graze which must be left to heal naturally. Initially the tattoo is unlikely to look any different but will fade over the next 4 to 8 weeks as the body disperses it.
- ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM TATTOO REMOVAL?
- Very rarely the skin may become lighter or darker, or a small blister may form. Change to the skin texture and scarring is possible, though uncommon, and is more likely if any grazes are not allowed to heal naturally. There may be a loss of natural tanning ability in the area treated, which usually improves with time.
- HOW MANY TATTOO REMOVAL TREATMENTS ARE NECESSARY?
- This depend on several factors, including the density and colour of the inks used in the tattoo and the age of the tattoo. Amateur tattoo’s can be quick to remove, taking 1 to 6 treatments, whereas professional tattoos vary considerably and some can take up to 15 treatments. Treatment sessions are spaced 6 to 10 weeks apart.
- HOW LONG DOES EACH TREATMENT TAKE?
- Treatment time varies depending upon the size of the tattoo but generally its between 10 and 30 minutes.
- HOW MUCH DOES A TREATMENT COST?
- Treatment prices start from £20 per treatment.
- HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Prior to a treatment you must first undergo a consultation where details about your medical history are obtained in order to confirm suitability for the treatment. Subject to this you will be asked to sign a consent form and undergo a test patch. The cost of a consultation is usually £20, this is deductible from the cost of your first actual laser removal treatment session. However at the moment we are offering free consultations and test patches. To book a consultation please call us on 0151 709 0479